Prevent Thefts from Your Motor Vehicle:
- Roll up windows and lock all doors.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Always be aware of the area you are parking in.
- Hide all valuables out of view. If you can see them from outside the vehicle, so can thieves.
- The trunk of your car is a great spot to place valuables.
Combat GPS thefts:
- Remove the GPS unit and clip when you exit your vehicle.
- If you must leave the unit in the car, be sure to hide both it and the clip or suction cup that holds it. Thieves see the clip and know there is a unit somewhere in the vehicle.
- Frequently wipe your dash to remove tell-tale dust rings that are left by suction cup mounts. Replace the cover to the vehicle's power outlet when not in use.
- Record the serial number and keep a copy in the glove compartment and with your other valuable papers at home to assist the police with recovery should your unit be stolen.