Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Numerous snowblower thefts have been reported in the city over the past few weeks. The thefts are believed to be occurring during daytime hours.
Malden Police suggest the following crime prevention tips:
- Record the serial number, make, and model of your snowblower
- Paint a portion of the snowblower a certain color or etch a name or initials somewhere on the machine
- Keep the machine out of the public view when not in use
- Block the machine with a vehicle if possible or secure it in a garage or shed if available
- Report suspicious activity to Malden Police by calling 781-322-1212 or, in an emergency 9-1-1